Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
27 July 2018
Mid-Weight Graphic Designer – Full time
Location: Shoreditch, London EC2A
Salary: £28,000 + by negotiation per annum
Contract: Full Time
Apply to: email@example.com with a CV & cover letter/portfolio along with a statement of suitability and interest in the job
We are looking for a graphic designer with a minimum of two years’ experience, who will be responsible for the design and production of communication material, branding, reports and website content. You will have a strong portfolio demonstrating creative skills across branding identity, typography and visual communications. Experience in website design is preferable or a strong interest in learning these skills.
You will work on regeneration projects that are defining the future of London. Recent projects include Chelsea Barracks, Canada Water Masterplan, Wood Green Town Centre, Deptford Wharves, South Kilburn, Brent Cross and a range of town centre projects in Walthamstow.
Soundings is the sister company to Fluid Design Ltd.
Soundings is a thriving and growing Shoreditch based consultancy focusing on community and stakeholder engagement, consultation and co-design and cutting edge, high profile urban projects. Our work is based predominantly in London and across the south east. Our work spans public and private sectors, residential, commercial and mixed-use developments, meanwhile projects and community benefit strategies.
“Better places through active participation”
Our values inform our way of working. We are collaborative, inclusive and accessible. We share a common belief that better places are created through active participation with the communities that live, work and use the area.
• Communication material – designing consultation tools, research reports, newsletters, posters, leaflets and exhibition boards
• Information visualisation and infographics – analysing and visualising comments and research material collected during the consultation process.
• Icon design and illustration
• Website design
• Minimum of two years’ experience
• Graphic Design degree or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative suite – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
• A portfolio demonstrating a range of print and digital projects / an understanding of the print production process
• Good knowledge of web design, CSS and WordPress
• Ability to follow brand guidelines, understand corporate brand standards and identity
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Must be able to work to tight deadlines and a be team player
• Able to offer ideas and input towards the creative process
• Close attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and quality of presentation
• Proficient use of English language
• £28,000 + by negotiation per annum, depending on experience and skill
• Six months probation, permanent post on offer on satisfactory completion
• 25 days annual holiday (and public holidays)
To apply, please send CV & cover letter/portfolio to Kallista Omotosho at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews with directors.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Please no agencies!