Our sister company ‘Soundings’ is recruiting
Senior Graphic Designer – Full time
Location: Shoreditch, London EC2A
We are looking for a senior graphics designer with a minimum of four years’ experience, who will be responsible for managing our small graphics team. You will aid in shaping the production of communication materials, branding, reports and website content.
You will work across multiple regeneration projects that are defining the future of London. You will have a strong portfolio demonstrating creative skills across branding identity, typography and visual communications. Strong experience in website design is essential and you will have a track record of managing a large portfolio as well as a small team.
Soundings is a thriving and growing Shoreditch based consultancy focusing on community and stakeholder engagement, consultation and co-design and cutting edge, high profile urban projects. Our work is based predominantly in London and across the south east. Our work spans public and private sectors, residential, commercial and mixed-use developments, meanwhile projects and community benefit strategies.
“Better places through active participation”
Our values inform our way of working. We are collaborative, inclusive and accessible. We share a common belief that better places are created through active participation with the communities that live, work and use the area.
– Lead the shaping and implementation of our design strategy
– Develop, inspire and manage an in-house creative team
– Working with Project teams to define and deliver a multi-faceted set of creative services, including branding & identity, visual and digital communications, and digital tools
– Building relationships, winning creative projects
– Supporting and offering input for business growth
– Website design
– Communication material – managing team whose main focus will be designing consultation tools, research reports, newsletters, posters, leaflets and exhibition boards
– Minimum of four years’ experience in similar role
– Graphic Design degree/masters or equivalent
– Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative suite – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
– An understanding of the print production process
– Able to offer ideas and input towards the creative process
– Good knowledge of web design, CSS and WordPress
– Ability to follow brand guidelines, understand corporate brand standards and identity
– Excellent organisation and time management skills
– Must be able to work to tight deadlines
– Strong attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and quality of presentation
– Proficient use of English language
Key qualities / strengths
– Genuine interest in people, place and the built environment
– Strong organisation and leadership skills
– Confident collaborating with others from varying backgrounds, larger teams, architects and built environment practitioners
– Being proactive, creative and fast-thinking
– Extensive visual communications experience
– Experience leading a small team
– Open to new ideas and being flexible
– Passionate and inquisitive about technology and innovation
– £35,000 – £40,000 depending on experience and skill
– Six months probation, permanent post on offer on satisfactory completion
– 25 days annual holiday (and public holidays)
To apply, please send CV & cover letter/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews with directors.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Please no agencies!