Soundings & Fluid are Recruiting
We are on the lookout for Digital and Graphic Designers to join our pool of Freelance Associates for occasional and repeat work.
Front-end website developers: to create and manage a range of responsive websites and digital platforms. With good communication and teamwork approach as often quick turnaround on projects, minimum 12 months experience and relevant degree / equivalent qualification.
Junior / Mid weight Graphic Designers: with particular skills in designing for print, layout projects and communication materials, working with brand guidelines. Minimum 12 months experience and relevant degree / equivalent qualification.
Freelancers with abilities across both skillsets are of particular interest.
We have a flow of graphic/digital work which varies between short pieces of work from a couple of days, through to a week and periodically can require more dedicated month-long involvement.
Read on for more information about us and key skills.
Sounds like you? We look forward to hearing from you ASAP with a CV and sample links to firstname.lastname@example.org
Front-end Website Developers: Knowledge and skills
• Strong understanding and experience of domains & hosting solutions
• Experienced in adapting, maintaining and creating websites
• Strong use of WordPress, including creating and adapting templates
• Ability to create fast, responsive and mobile compatible websites
• Good UX/UI skills
• Firm grasp on modern best practices for both analytics and SEO
• Cross browser building and testing
• Familiarity dealing with website wireframes, graphic content, site navigation and content layout.
• (Desirable) Digital surveys methods and social media updates
• (Desirable) Experience using Leaflet.js and GSAP Libraries
• (Desirable) Knowledge of PHP
Junior / Mid-weight Graphic Designers: Knowledge and skills
• An eye for layout design and strong Adobe Creative suite skills (particularly InDesign)
• Be able to follow brand guidelines, understand corporate brand standards and identity
• Demonstrated experience of a range of print and layout projects (such as exhibition boards, reports, newsletters, website design etc.)
• Understanding of the print production process
• (Desirable) Creative information visualisation and mapping
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Attention to detail, organisational skills, time management and ability to deliver
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Team player and comfortable using own initiative
• Appetite to learn, research and self-teach
• Self-motivated and confident to put forward ideas
• Proficient use of English language and ability to critically analyse content
• Work effectively from initial brief, to creation of ideas
Soundings + Fluid are acknowledged field leaders in consultation-led regeneration, placemaking and co-design. We are a growing team of around 30 people from a range of creative backgrounds with a common purpose to deliver better places through active participation. This makes for a rich environment and office culture. Based in EC2A, Shoreditch.